How to Run Marketing Experiments
This simple process helps you get the most out of your marketing!
In SMARTSTART, we are constantly running marketing experiments. You can do this too! Here’s how:
1. Set an exact 90-day goal for where you want to be with your marketing.
2. Have a clear target client/customer avatar and know the specific problem you solve for them.
3. List 10 strategies for achieving your goal using estimations for each possible option.
4. Order the list based on which strategy will have the largest impact towards your goal within 90 days.
5. Do your first activity on the list for 9 days.
6. Record how this activity performed toward your goal every day.
7. On Day 10, spend 80% of your time doing a new marketing activity and 20% doing the previous week’s activity for 9 more days.
8. On Day 18 (end of day), evaluate which of the 2 options got you closer to your 90-day goal.
9. Spend 80% on the most effective activity and 20% on item #3 on your strategy list. Stop doing whichever of the first 2 activities was least effective.
10. Repeat this process for 90 days and hit your goal.
If desired, repeat quarterly to provide yourself with four opportunities to improve your marketing effectiveness each year. Easy peasy.